NiPoultry

For all your poultry needs

Forums

Forum Home > Introduction > Hi, First chickens come tomorrow!!

ashleyni

Hi,

I have chickens coming tomorrow with a new coop etc.  I have ordered a coop which will house 6-8 but initially only getting 2 brown hybrids -I was advised these would be a good starter.  Really looking forward to my 'chicken adventure' and I think I would quite like to get some Bantams once I have got to grips with my first two.  Really pleased to find a site where I could buy them from genuinely caring breeders/farmers rather than just somewhere churning them out for profit.

Looking forward to your advice and information from the forum.

--
June 2, 2011 at 7:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

The Chicken Ranch

welcome and have fun with your new hobby, it will turn into an obsession lol

--

June 2, 2011 at 7:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ashleyni

The Chicken Ranch at June 2, 2011 at 7:49 AM

welcome and have fun with your new hobby, it will turn into an obsession lol

Thanks for the welcome!  I fear you may be right!!

I am pleased to report the chickens have arrived and are happily wondering around their run and house!  Our dog has taken to lying in front of their coop watching them quite happily although we have already had an overly inquisitive cat walking along the fence -something we never see with having the dog.  So hoping it will not try to come into the garden but fingers crossed it stays away.

June 3, 2011 at 8:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

richard

I think chickens and cats mix well and are tolerant of each other. I have two cats and they get on well with my birds. The exception to this is whenever they get to close to a mother with her chicks as the cat will get pecked and chased off by my fiesty mothers!

That said, you should hang around and observe cat/chicken fellowship just to be content ,yourself.

--

Richard

June 3, 2011 at 6:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.